Having a tooth pulled doesn’t have to be scary!
Hey parents, want to know a little secret about pediatric tooth extractions? The tooth extraction visit doesn’t have to be scary! The term, pediatric tooth extraction isn’t an everyday term, and it may seem odd to associate tooth extractions with children. The thought of a tooth extraction can make some people run for the hills. Here at Kangaroo Smiles, we want to change the meaning behind this term with how to prepare your child for getting their tooth pulled by a dentist.
Before we discuss how to prepare your child for their tooth extraction visit, let’s briefly explain the purpose of this procedure. When a tooth is too damaged to be repaired by a filling or a crown, a pediatric dentist will need to remove the tooth. Aside from needing a tooth pulled due to damaged teeth, here are some additional reasons children undergo tooth extraction procedures:
- Primary (or, baby) teeth blocking the permanent teeth from growing in properly
- Additional primary or permanent teeth may have grown in (also known as supernumerary teeth)
- Patients receiving orthodontic treatment sometimes require tooth extraction to create space for teeth to move
The Secret To a Smooth & Easy Pediatric Tooth Extractions
If you have a child in need of a tooth extraction, it is time to check out Kangaroo Smiles located in Lowell, Massachusetts, and soon-to-be second location in Methuen, MA! Our patient’s families have trusted us to provide their children with the best oral care. Whether our patients come in for a routine checkup or tooth extraction, we ensure that you and your child are comfortable at all times.
You will find the atmosphere at Kangaroo Smiles calming with our kid-inspired art and illustrations. Some other benefits of trusting us with your child’s tooth extraction include:
- Consultation with Dr. Mona or Dr. Simon. They will explain the steps of the procedure in a kid-friendly way.
- Worried about pain? No need to worry. We will review the step-by-step process of the administration of an anesthetic.
- Before you leave our office we’ll provide you with post care instructions.
Dr. Mona and Dr. Simon ensure your child receives high-quality care, but they will also provide a nurturing environment. Our caring staff will always be available to calm nerves and make the visit less scary. Whether it’s our calming wall murals, open exam treatment center, or coffee bar, every child and parent will feel at ease.
We aim to remove the fear associated with pediatric tooth extractions, and we are confident you will be pleased with the results. Call us today at 978-425-1496 to schedule an appointment and tour our office.