When considering a dentist for your child, it’s important to look for a team that specializes in providing safe and preventative care. First visits, and even follow up visits, can be stressful depending on your child’s individual history. Fortunately for those in need, pediatric dentistry and orthodontics around Lowell can be a safe and rewarding process with the right team in place.
If it’s your first time considering Lowell-based pediatric dentistry and orthodontics, it may be helpful to review the range of treatment options that may be necessary for your child. While preventative care should always be a concern among your treatment team, it’s also critical to find a practice that is well versed in potential issues that may arise.
5 Things To Look For In A Pediatric Dentist Around Lowell
To ensure that your child receives the best care possible, make sure that the provider you choose offers the following services:
- A routine dental check-up involving an examination, professional cleaning, fluoride treatment, and dental x-rays.
- Protective dental sealants that protect the surfaces of the back teeth from decay. Sealants can be applied quickly and painlessly to protect your child’s teeth for years.
- White dental fillings that require less tooth removal than traditional fillings, and appear just like the original tooth.
- Baby tooth root canals for big cavities that have infected the nerve of the tooth. Such procedures are generally reserved for teeth that will impact further development.
- Pediatric crowns, both stainless steel or white, depending on the severity of the cavity.
If you’re in need of pediatric dentistry and orthodontics around Lowell, look no further than Kangaroo Smiles Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics. We offer preventative and conservative care to ensure that your child has a comfortable experience. For more information about our services or to schedule an appointment, please call us at 978-425-1496.