A Few Indications That Your Kid’s Dental Cleaning Routine Is Good to Go
Parents, you have enough to worry about! To help alleviate the concerns you have on whether your kid’s dental cleaning practices are up to par, take a look at the following go-to guide for best children’s dental hygiene routines:
- Optimum Age for First Dental Cleaning
- According to the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, children should see the dentist by their first birthday or shortly after the first tooth makes its appearance. This allows dentists to detect common problems early.
- Regular Home Cleanings for Babies
- Similar to having a dentist visit at an early age, kids dental cleaning at home can begin even before the first tooth pokes through the gums. Parents can help their baby’s mouth stay healthy and free from bacteria by running a warm, soft washcloth or gauze wrapped around their finger over her/his gums.
- Regular Home Cleanings for Toddlers
- Once your child has reached toddlerhood, gift him or her a new toothbrush. Make sure the brush is soft-bristled and small enough to fit in your toddler’s mouth. At this stage, only a grain-of-rice amount of toothpaste should be used.
- Regular Home Cleanings for Preschoolers and Older
- Usually, between ages three and six, children are ready to graduate to a pea-sized amount of toothpaste. It’s best to use a toothpaste that includes fluoride, which provides protection from cavities.
- Safe Brushing and Flossing
- To protect teeth, make sure your child brushes softly and in tiny circles close to the gumline (with a soft-bristled toothbrush) at least twice a day. To clear debris from in-between teeth, help show your child how to use an interdental cleaning device such as floss, a floss stick or interdental brush.
Kangaroo Smiles for Kids Dental Cleaning Success
If you would like more tips for your kid’s dental cleanings or want to learn about the average pediatric dental cleaning cost, please contact us anytime at 978-425-1496. One of our friendly, professional Kangaroo Krew members is standing by to help you!