Preventing and Treating Cavities Kids Dracut Top Dentist Recommends
Searching for the best way to prevent and treat cavities kids Dracut top dentist recommends for you? While childhood cavities are common, there are plenty of ways to prevent them as well. Preventing cavities requires eating a balanced diet, brushing twice daily and visiting the dentist every six months.
Kids cavities Dracut top dentists find that cavities are caused by poor dental hygiene and sugary diets. When children’s teeth are regularly exposed to sugars and carbohydrates, they cause plaque to build up, and if neglected, acid will attack the enamel and make teeth susceptible to decay.
Cavity prevention at home includes:
- After 12 months of age, lose the sippy cup. SIppy cups allow liquids to swill around the teeth.
- Don’t send a child to bed with a bottle or sippy cup because the liquids will cling to the child’s teeth all night long.
- Help your child to brush and floss their teeth.
Treating Cavities Kids Dracut Top Dentist
While large cavities are typically easier to identify because they are painful, it may be harder to determine if your child has a developing or small cavity, here are a few signs to watch out for
- Sensitivity to hot or cold foods
- Waking and crying at night
- Toothache or swollen gums
- Presence of white spots or holes in teeth
At Kangaroo Smiles, we want to help prevent cavities kids Dracut top dentist, that’s why each dental appointment includes an examination of your child’s teeth, a professional dental cleaning, a fluoride treatment which helps prevent children’s cavities Dracut top dentist prefers, and a set of x-rays. Dr. Mona provides high quality gentle dental care for kids. We invite you and your child to get to know us in our comfortable, kid-friendly environment. Interested in learning more about cavities kids Dracut top dentist or to schedule an appointment? Please call (978) 425-1496.