When it comes to a child’s dentist visit, cavities are naturally a common topic of conversation. There are, however, several other reasons to visit a pediatric dentist that Dracut parents should be aware of. Pediatric dentists are specifically educated and trained to treat the dental needs of children. Find out more about how your child’s visit to the pediatric dentist can ensure positive health outcomes for years to come.
Five Advantages of a Pediatric Dentist That Dracut and Methuen Parents Appreciate
There are several reasons why parents from Dracut to Methuen choose Kangaroo Smiles Pediatric Dentistry. Kids and parents alike love the expertise and gentle approach of vetted pediatric dentist Dr. Mona Beylin, as well as the child-geared atmosphere and designs of both the Lowell and Methuen Kangaroo Smiles locations.
There are other reasons why caregivers choose Kangaroo Smiles, including a comprehensive menu of pediatric dental services and the knowledge that there are various situations in which Dr. Mona treats children, including:
- Emergency Dental Visits: Not every pediatric dental office or even general dentistry provides emergency services for dental mishaps such as a broken or knocked-out tooth. Nevertheless, Dr. Mona always encourages parents to contact the office in the event a dental emergency occurs.
- Teeth Grinding Treatment: Teeth grinding may not be considered a prevalent or problematic issue by parents, and sometimes it’s not. In certain cases, it can simply be a phase that children outgrow. In more severe instances, a pediatric dentist like Dr. Mona can help prescribe a treatment option, such as a special mouthguard to be worn at bedtime, if teeth grinding becomes excessive or causes your child major issues.
- SDF Fluoride: Not only is SDF fluoride safe and effective in treating cavities, but it also works as a protectant against the bacteria that causes cavities. Not all dentists provide this bacteria-busting varnish, but Dr. Mona does!
- Oral Hygiene Education: Establishing early patterns and healthy habits in oral hygiene for kids is something the entire Kangaroo Smiles team encourages. During their visit, children and parents are provided with all the information needed to help create advantageous oral hygiene routines that will last for years to come.
- Gingivitis Assessment: Although the development and condition of primary and permanent teeth are important, the health of gums is equally important to monitor. Dr. Mona will make sure that your child’s gums aren’t swollen, bleeding or causing discomfort.
Continuing a Positive Pathway for Pediatric Dental Success
To help ensure that your child is primed for oral hygiene success, Kangaroo Smiles will help you set up regular six-month dental cleanings and checkups. Following the guidelines of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD) by maintaining six-month checkups can significantly improve your child’s opportunity for success in dental health and continued positive homecare practices.
If you’re ready to join the Kangaroo Smiles family or would like to know more about why Dr. Mona is the top pediatric dentist that Dracut families love, contact us now: (978) 425-1496. We’d love to set up a visit for your little one today.